Wednesday, January 7, 2009

'Tis the Season...Cold & Flu Season

A plague has descended on the House of LeVine. Okay, well, not a plague per se. But it seems like we're all in various stages of illness. The worst is poor little Simon. He's had a runny/stuffy nose for a couple weeks now. He sounds like he's going to drown in his own fluids. Being sick has also thoroughly messed up his body clock so he wants to stay up all night and sleep all day...which means I'm not getting much sleep at night myself!

Joey was doing okay, but had to stay home from school today. Winter is always such a hard time for him because his asthma really kicks into high gear. He has a horrible, deep barking cough and was running a pretty good fever. Kristin doesn't have many outward symptoms, but you can tell by looking at her that she doesn't feel well. She's also very restless at night. And she has no appetite, which is always worrisome. I'm just praying that it's a simple cold and not the early stages of stomach flu. That's simply the worst!

I am willing myself not to get sick, but I'm feeling really run down from lack of sleep combined with the stress from being swamped at work (lots to catch up with after the holidays!). I have to say, I'd love to have a day or two at home to rest and catch up on sleep. Why is it that I feel like I need time off to recuperate after the holidays when I HAD time off?

Hope you and yours are staying healthy!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hang in there! I LOVE the Christmas picture of Simon in that adorable hat....how sweet is he?