Thursday, January 20, 2011

Pac Man Cookies

Another fun summer activity was when we made Pac Man Cookies. I don't know where Joey even heard about Pac Man. But he's been semi-obsessed with it ever since. (In fact, he had a Pac Man birthday cake this year - but I'm getting ahead of myself). Joey and Kristin wanted to make cookies that looked like Pac Man. Here are my little bakers, ready to help in the kitchen. Joey is showing off the Pac Man he made of Legos. Actually, it's supposed to be a combination of Pac Man and Mario - that's why it's half red. Um, maybe we need to cut back on the video game exposure?

Here, The Bakers show off the tools they will use. We didn't have actual Pac Man cookie cutters, so we improvised! A tulip and a house? How will it work? You'll see...all in good time.


First, Kristin starts on making one of the Pac Man ghosts by cutting out an upside-down tulip.

Then she cuts off the tulip's stem.

Voila! It's ghost-shaped!

Then Joey cut out a simple circle with a glass, and used the roof part of the house cookie cutter to cut out Pac Man's mouth. I suggested just doing it with a knife, but Joey looked at me like I was crazy. There's a science to cookie baking, see?


Then we started decorating!

For the ghost's eyes, we used white chocolate chips and topped them with a single mini-chocolate chip.

Here are a couple more shots of The Bakers. I love how happy they look. They were really having a great time making these cookies!


And the cookies came out looking pretty good, if I do say so myself!