December is always a whirlwind of activity. Christmas shopping, cookie baking, and birthdays! First up was Wendy's birthday. On her actual birthday I had my office holiday party, so that evening while I joined my coworkers, Matt took his big sister out to dinner and a movie. Awww, siblings who like spending time together! The next night, we had the family over to our house for dinner and birthday cake. And, of course: presents! Here is Wendy opening a shiny wee gift from her mom:

And here is Wendy behind the GIANT box from her brother. What could it be?

Why, it's 40 individual presents! Oh my! (I will spare you the photos of her opening them all. Suffice it to say, she got lots of fun stuff!)

And one of the gifts was The Macarena Monkey. (Though, I think it's more a gorilla, which is NOT a monkey...but whatever. Point it, it sings The Macarena.) It's been a proud family tradition since 2001! We pass it around from family member to family member on various holidays. We usually try to disguise it so the person doesn't know what they're getting. We hid it in a Zappos box this year. Since Wendy has fallen in love with shoes lately, I thought it was fitting!

And here the birthday girl makes her wish!

Hope you had a great birthday, Wendy!
No comments:
Post a Comment