So, as I said, I wanted to catch up on where we LeVines have been since our last post back in August. When you last joined our heroes, Matt had just undergone minor surgery on his finger. That was at the beginning of August. The rest of August was packed with fun activities. First, there was Korinne's first birthday. We had a lovely family party at Grandma's house with lots of great food. Can't believe it's been a year already. Look how big she is! (And, of course, this was almost 6 months ago, so she's just bigger now!)

Also in August, my mom went to Minnesota for a visit. Since we didn't have childcare while she was away, Matt and I took some time off to spend with the kids. We had a great time playing around town, going to the park and the Science Center, and working around the house. We also went to the Birch Aquarium for the first time.

I don't know why we haven't gone before. It's really fun and educational, and not as crowded (nor as commercial) as Sea World. The kids had a great time. Here's Simon checking out the kelp bed:

Here, Joey and Kristin are checking out the tide pools. There are lots of starfish and other sea creatures in the tide pools - like squishy sea cucumbers!

I think the thing we liked the best was playing with this water table. It's supposed to demonstrate how ocean currents work. So you build a little water maze out of colored planks, and then put little toy boats into the water current. Of course, Matt was a master engineer and came up with lots of fancy configurations.

And no trip to the aquarium would be complete without a visit to the shark tank. Here, we pose for a picture like the tourists we are. I love this photo so much. It's so typical of our family outings. Simon isn't really interested, and is trying to get away to do his own things. Joey and Kristin are pushing each other's buttons. Look at Joey and Kristin's faces. Ah, siblings.
No comments:
Post a Comment