Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Making Gingerbread Houses

For Family Night one evening, we decided to make gingerbread houses! Well, I guess a better name for them would be Graham Cracker Houses, since no gingerbread was actually involved! Here are the houses waiting to be decorated.
We had all different kinds of candies and other foods to use as decorations: M&M's, gumdrops, nuts, marshmallows, coconut, candy canes. We also had tubes of colored frosting, and extra white icing to use as glue to get everything to stick together.
Matt was very focused on the details while making his house.
Simon was a little upset when we told him he could not take the houses apart, nor could he eat any of the candy. I know, I know. We are so cruel. And at Christmas, too! Maybe we deserve coal in our stockings. (That's my finished house, by the way!)
Joey and Kristin were very proud of their finished houses.
It was such a fun activity for everyone, that we definitely plan to make it an annual Christmas tradition!

No comments: