Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thankful

Hope everyone out there had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We had a nice day over at my mom's house. Lots of good food and good company. And we have much to be thankful for this year.

For one thing, Matt's back is slowly recovering. Lots of rest and lots of medication seem to have done their job. He's up and around and feeling pretty good! He's off all the pain meds now, and is only taking Motrin to keep inflammation down. He still has his MRI on Tuesday, and then a follow up appointment to discuss the results. But he says that if he continues to feel good, he anticipates going back to work next week! Great news for us! I'm very pleased that he might avoid having more surgery. Though his first back surgery was an absolute miracle with a quick recovery, it's still not something we take lightly. The more they're in there, messing around with his back, the more likely the problems will reoccur. I have to say that when Matt was in a ton of pain, it really made me realize how much I take my own healthy back - and really, my health in general - for granted. So, we're going to make some steps to improve things in that arena in the very near future.

Back to Thanksgiving - after the big turkey dinner, we had our usual photo shoot for our family Christmas cards. Lots of good ones of the kids. Here are a few. The last one is my very favorite.



Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

3 comments:

Clong said...

Could they be any cuter? Why no pictures of you and Matt?

NIKOL said...

I didn't figure anyone wanted to see pictures of me and Matt. But if you wanted me to post them, I will!

The Schultz Family said...

Hope your Thanksgiving was super fun & filled with lots of tryptophan. Cutest toe heads on the block!