The last couple years, since Joey and Kristin are getting older, we've spent lots of time in "the Kid Zone" where they have rides and big inflatable slides. The rides are your basic rickety carnival rides, but the kids have a blast.

Of course, the number one thing we look forward to at Oktoberfest every year is THE FUNNEL CAKE. Oh, sure: it's just a big plate of sugar and fat. Nothing good for you. But it's so, so delicious! Here's Sean enjoying his funnel cake:
Kind of a funny thing about funnel cake is that even though I look forward to it and plan on having some, and even though I know it's covered in powdered sugar, I end up wearing black to Oktoberfest every year. EVERY YEAR! When will I ever learn?After a few hours of walking around, shopping and eating and having fun in The Kid Zone, we're all pretty tired. Simon was wiped out early on:
(Thanks, Wendy, for taking photos! It's nice to have some pictures to remember our annual tradition!)
No comments:
Post a Comment