Sunday, March 1, 2009

Mystery Party

I'm so sad these first two pictures turned out blurry. My camera has been a little unpredictable lately when it comes to auto-focus. Anyway...

This weekend, we hosted a Murder Mystery party. If you've never gone to one or hosted one yourself, I highly recommend it. They're so much fun! This particular mystery was set aboard a yacht in the Mediterranean in 1925 and was titled "The Grapes of Frath." What's a mystery without a few bad puns, eh? The characters included (going left to right in the group photo) an Italian opera singer, a "war hero," a jewelry thief, a young Parisian socialite, an up-and-coming young business woman, a race car driver/scoundrel, an unscrupulous lawyer, and me: the Russian owner of a nightclub.
The party was also a joint birthday party for me and Cassie. Both our birthdays are in February - and since we were all getting together for dinner anyway, why not throw in a cake?


The cake was from Flour Power, and was chocolate with a peanut butter mousse filling, and a layer of fudge. To. Die. For. Thanks to all my lovely participants! We had such a great time!

4 comments:

Jen said...

It sounds like a great time! I really like your costume. It is very 1920's. I LOVE Flour Power cakes. That is where we got our wedding cake. Ohhhh so yummy!!

Clong said...

Did Siobhan totally miss the memo on the silly face picture? Or did she just want the rest of us to look like loonies while she remained glamorous? :) Yesterday on the car ride home from church Greg said, " I hope that silly picture doesn't come out fuzzy, I totally had my finger up my nose PERFECT! I really hope it comes out." How did I get so lucky?

And what is up with my face in the picture of you and me with the cake?

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY CASSIE AND NIKO!!!"

Thanks again for hosting it was awesome!!! You guys always are.

The Schultz Family said...

That looks like a ton of fun. I will totally have to host one. And is that you with dark hair???!!! I seriously did not recognize you! But I like! Happy belated birthday. That cake looked super yummy...

NIKOL said...

Yeah, I wore a dark bob wig. Thought it would be fun - but my goodness, wigs are itchy!