Our family always celebrates St. Patrick's Day - especially since we have an authentic Irishman in the family! (Hi, Sean!) And one annual tradition we've enjoyed the last few years is the arrival of Wendy's special shamrock cookies! Wendy makes the prettiest sugar cookies. And, having decorated a batch or two with her, I know how much time it takes to make them so pretty! Every year she makes some with our names on them. Here, Joey and Kristin show off their cookies. Joey insisted that it would look better if he pretended to eat the cookie while we took the photo. He is such a ham.

Simon, of course, didn't want to wait and pose with his. He knows the point of cookies. (Please note, I didn't actually let him eat this cookie. This photo is all for show.)

And then Joey insisted that I take a photo, too.

Hope you all got lucky today! Hee!
3 comments:
Nikol, I see you smiling in that photo, but your eyes are saying "Take the damn picture already so I can eat this cookie!" Also, Wendy's cookies are the BOMB! Seriously, she gave me her icing recipe and I tried to make pretty looking cookies...they looked like I had decorated them with my feet. How does she make all those cute designs? How? Remember the purses she made for your tea party birthday?
You know, I put a Wilton's cake decorating set on my wish list (and subsequently got it for my birthday from Marian) specifically because I wanted to make pretty cookies like Wendy. I think the bottom line is that Wendy has a kind of patience I will never possess.
And you're right. As soon as Joey took that picture, I scarfed that mofo.
dude. how come it never occurred to me to use my wilton set for cookies? seriously, i'm an idiot. we need to have a cookie decorating party, but a serious hardcore one. i have a whole set of cute spring cookie cutters and a wilton set all ready to go!
Post a Comment