Saturday, April 10, 2010

Sweet Pea Day

One of my favorite places in San Diego is Summers Past Farms. It's such a beautiful place. So many gorgeous flowers and plants! Last year was the first time we went to their annual Sweet Pea Day as a family, and we had such a good time we decided to go again this year. Sweet Pea Day is basically just an excuse to get out and enjoy the lovely Spring weather - with extra emphasis on the sweet peas growing in the garden! The owners of the farm have a little maze made all out of blooming sweet peas: And, as part of Sweet Pea Day, you can wander through the maze and cut your own bouquet. I just adore sweet peas. They're so delicate and fluttery, and they smell divine.
Of course, there are a ton of people who come to the farm on Sweet Pea Day. So many, in fact, that we decided to skip waiting in line for the sweet pea maze and instead just spent the morning walking around the gardens.Here are Joey and Kristin on the footbridge that spans the small stream in the middle of the farm.
We also took some time to shop in their nursery. They sell scented geraniums there. They have geraniums that smell like roses, like chocolate mint, like lemon, or (my favorite) like green apples. I also got a few herbs to plant in my garden. I was also tempted to buy some of these cosmos:I've plented several cosmos in our yard, but so far we only have greenery - no blossoms yet. So I really loved the idea of putting these blooming cosmos into the garden. But I resisted. I can wait for my own flowers to bloom!

After a couple hours of wandering, we were all pretty tired (Simon was out like a light!)and ready to head home. But we'll definitely be going back again soon. If you live in the San Diego area, I can't recommend Summers Past Farms enough! Go check it out!

No comments: