The flowers growing around the gardens were just beautiful. It had been raining earlier in the day, and many of the blossoms still had raindrops on them. This flowering hedge in particular caught my eye. I have no idea what type of flower it is, but I just had to get a close up:
There's lots of other fun stuff to check out at the farm, like this little bridge that goes over a small stream. Both kids insisted on making wishes from the bridge.
Another tradition Summers Past has is the creation of "fairy gardens." They're basically just tiny areas of the garden that are supposed to be inviting to fairies. In the shop, they also sell fairy wings, tiaras, and wands. Kristin had her heart set on a pair of fairy wings - and was excited to wear them as she visited the fairy garden in the middle of the sweet pea maze.
Here's a view of the fairy wings from the back. Kristin wore these all day!
If you live in the San Diego area, I highly recommend visiting Summers Past Farms. I used to go there fairly often back when I was in high school and the first few years of college. I don't know why I stopped going, because it's such a beautiful and amazing place. It certainly inspires me to do more with my own yard and garden! I plan to bring the kids there more often.
No comments:
Post a Comment