Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Joey Scores!

At the soccer game this past Saturday, Joey scored his first goal of the season. He played a great game. As my previous post explained, Joey isn't always that aggressive when it comes to playing soccer. There are times when he's more content to watch dragonflies or examine the grass than watch the ball or run down the field. But on Saturday, he was into the game. At one point they got close to the goal, and the kids were all packed around the ball. Joey kicked at it, and the ball went high over everyone's head and right into the goal! It was amazing! The team all started jumping around, but Joey was Mr. Cool. He just turned and gave everyone cheering on the sidelines this subtle thumbs up:Joey cracks me up.

2 comments:

Eric, Kris, Kate & Emma said...

I can't wait to see that photo! I hope you get it soon. I also look forward to when Kristin plays soccer too.

Wendy said...

It's probably just as well I didn't have my camera with me that day... I know I was WAY too excited about the goal to take any photos of it.

And you didn't mention how loud you screamed for Joey when he scored, so loud that poor Simon was startled and had to cry it out.