Thursday, October 16, 2008

Catching up

Haven't posted as much as I'd like to lately, so I thought I'd try to catch up!

We've been busy, but it's mostly run of the mill type stuff. We're still getting settled into the house - meaning that we still have A LOT of boxes to unpack! We're also still getting used to the new schedule with school and soccer. It's a challenge time-wise to get Joey's homework done in the evenings. He's given a packet every Wednesday to work on over the week, and turn in the following Wednesday. He also has a spelling packet that comes home on Mondays and is due on Fridays. It gets a little confusing. And, as this photo so perfectly illustrates, Joey isn't all that enthusiastic about homework.

While Joey works on his homework packet, Kristin also sits at the counter to do her "homework," which means she wants to draw. We have quite the gallery of artwork from Kristin when you combine her "homework" with the paintings she does in preschool each week.

And then there's Simon, who has recently started playing in the exersaucer. He's still getting the hang of hand-eye coordination, so he can't always figure out how to grab at the toys. But he seems to enjoy batting at things just the same (when he's not sucking on his fingers, that is).

He's also been really drooly lately. I wonder if he's teething. Both Joey and Kristin were drool monkeys for months before they got teeth, so Simon will most likely be the same. Months and months of wet chins, with teeth appearing when he's around 10 months old.

Here's a photo of all three kids, taken before church this past Sunday. Don't they clean up nicely? Simon is in a sweater vest. I challenge anyone to resist the cuteness of a baby in a sweater vest.

This coming Sunday is Kristin's 4th birthday. We're having a family party, which will be our first in the new house! Kristin informed me that she wanted a big bunch of flowers for her birthday. My mom's next door neighbor is an amazing florist, so I called him and asked for a BIG bunch of gerber daisies. I can't wait to see what they look like. Here's hoping Princess Kristin approves! Anyway, check back in a few days for photos of the main event!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Gotta love all that homework. With my three so close in age it gets so confusing. I can hardly keep up with who's math packet is who's and such. Your kids are adorable. Your right on about the sweater vest. How cute is he???