Sunday, September 28, 2008

Soccer Season

Soccer season is once again upon us. This is Joey's third year of playing with AYSO. This year, his team is red, and their name is The Red Dragons - which is kind of funny because his first year he was on a team called The Purple Dragons. Joey likes playing soccer, but he doesn't exactly have that competitive edge. Take the following photo for example:
This was taken during the game this past weekend. Note how all the action with the ball is going on behind Joey. Joey was busy kicking at a patch of dirt. (This happened a lot during the game.) There were times, though, when Joey would have a burst of enthusiasm and would take off running for the ball. And I'm not being biased when I say that kid runs like the wind when he wants to. Maybe he was more cut out for Track and Field stuff.


Next year, I think, Kristin will be old enough to play. I can't wait to see her out on the field. Joey might be mellow and uninterested in winning or losing, but Kristin is a whole other story. Heaven help whoever gets in her way.

(Thanks, Wendy, for taking pictures at the game!)

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Joey has improved each season and this year is no exception. He's better than ever... when he does actually play. And I think he's really a fast runner, too.

I, for one, cannot wait to watch Kristin play soccer.

Eric, Kris, Kate & Emma said...

Oh man, I'd love to see Kristin & Kate compete against each other in soccer! We're thinking about it for next year too. Emma will be like Joey and will be playing with the grass instead of the ball.